We narrowed down our choice after we learned the chefs are CIA grads and heard several good reviews from people that had eaten at functions there. I have not been a bridezilla about things, but I wanted to make sure our venue had outstanding food.
The paperwork we've had for months features pages of mouth watering selections. When our wedding coordinator said we could do a tasting I jumped at the chance to help narrow down our choices.
We chose 4 hors d'oeuvres to sample (from the left):
- crispy pork belly with apricot marmalade on toasted corn bread
- beef tenderloin medallion on crostini with goat cheese and oven dried tomato
- mini buttermilk biscuit with honey mustard glazed ham and Swiss cheese
- twice baked fingerling potato stuffed with bacon and boursin cheese
- cider-glazed pork loin over braised red cabbage with bacon jus
- penne with vodka sauce and peas