As many of you know, Johnny proposed on Christmas. On top of being exciting and great, this has lit a fire under me to get in shape in the long run so it's not a frantic crunch right before the wedding.
I have started a Pound for Pound team. This is a challenge sponsored by The Biggest Loser that benefits Feeding America. For every pound pledged 11¢ (the cost of a about a pound of food) will be donated to an approved food bank.
I invite you to join me in a healthier 2011 by joining the Dinner at Christina's PFP Challenge team with me!
What you need to do if you would like to join:
(Please note - no personal information or beginning/ending weights will be shared.)
- Go to www.pfpchallenge.com and create an account. Search "Dinner at Christina's" under "Team Name" and click Join! (or e-mail to christina at dinneratchristinas dot com and I will send you an invite)
- check in at least once a month via e-mail letting me know how you are doing (more check-ins are encouraged so we can support each other)
(The below rules are unrelated to the challenge above.)
If you were interested, one of the things I did to jump start getting fit was join Dr. Oz's Just 10 Challenge. The premise behind this challenge is not a diet, but a few key changes in your life that will eventually help you lose 10 pounds.
The "rules" are:
- no soda
- no eating 3 hours before bed
- move at least 10 minutes every day
- portion control at meals
- weigh yourself everyday
- take your vitamins
- cook healthy recipes
- 4 servings of protein and fat each day
- 3 servings of complex carbs each day
- 3 servings of fruit each day
- unlimited vegetables each day
- dessert every other day
- red meat no more than once each week
- eating out no more than once each week