Whoa. Remember I tweeted about making some loaves of banana bread last week?! Well, one of the recipients was Johnny's friend and co-worker, Goran (you might remember him from the D.C. trip recaps). He told Johnny that he made french toast with it last time. My eyes nearly bugged out of my head upon hearing this! I had to try it!
All you'll need:
4 slices banana bread, cut in 1/2" slices
~3 Tbsp water
Pre-heat a square frying pan over medium-low heat. The key to any good french toast or pancakes is getting the pan's temperature just right with pre-heating!
In a shallow bowl or pie plate beat 2 eggs with a few tablespoons of water (or milk) to thin out.
Cut your banana bread into four 1/2" slices. (Ok, maybe five slices so you have one to nibble on!)
Soak each slice of bread for a few seconds each side to absorb the egg mixture.
Spray the pre-heated pan with non-stick spray and lay the four slices on, evenly spaced. Cook on medium heat for a minute or two each side until lightly browned and no longer soggy from the egg.
Remove from the pan and place on a plate. Tip: If cooking more than one batch, the perfect place to store the plate is in the microwave! It is an insulated little box that will keep the heat in while you continue with the next batches. Just add each batch to the plate and place in the microwave and close the door until ready to eat! This also works for dinnertime if you are on slightly different schedules and expect to eat a little later.
Served with scrambled eggs, lightly seasoned with salt and pepper.
Perfect with a pat of butter and some real maple syrup drizzled over top! It took on a delicious new personality. Surprising me the most were the walnuts which toasted from the frying pan's heat and developed a really nutty, full-bodied taste!
Amy at Please Don't Eat Me! gave me a really fun little award! Thanks, Amy!
1. Thank the person who gave this to you.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you.
4. Tell up to six outrageous lies about yourself, and at least one outrageous truth.
5. Nominate seven “Creative Writers” who might have fun coming up with outrageous lies.
6. Post links to the seven blogs you nominate.
Ok, let's see how well you know me, which is the truth?!
1. I don't know how to swim.
2. I skipped 2nd grade.
3. I played the clarinet in middle school band.
4. I type 40 words per minute.
5. I was born in Poughkeepsie, NY.
6. My bellybutton is pierced.
7. I wear a size 6 shoe.
Passing it onto:
1. The Diva